Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behaviour script to make the tab non mandatory

surender k December 28, 2021

Hi Team,

I am struggling to find a behaviour script in adaptavist scriptrunner and other sources. Kindly help me the similar script

I need a script like if I choose a particular value in a field then the mandatory tab (which is already existed ) has to be non mandatory.

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2021

A tab cannot be made required or not required.

You can only hide/show a tab.

You will have to make all the fields in the tab required or not one by one.

surender k December 28, 2021

Thanks Peter

surender k December 29, 2021

Hi Peter

Still I am not able to sort out. could you provide a script on behaviours

If I select "Business services"(value)

in "Business Driver" (Elements connect field) 

then other fields "ID Impact, Product Impact, PD Houses" to non mandatory.

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2021

Assuming the fields is not flagged as required (all fields must be set to optional) in the project's field configuration a script like this should work:

def busDriverFld = getFieldByName('Business Driver')
def tabFieldNames = ['ID Impact', 'Product Impact', 'PD Houses']

def requiredBySelection = busDriverFld.value != 'Business services'

tabFieldNames .each{fieldName->
getFieldByName(fieldName).setRequired(requiredBySelection)
}

Be sure to confirm the spelling of all field names and values (including correct case).

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 29, 2021

Tabs do not have an optional/mandatory setting, but they look like they do when they contain a mandatory field.

Behaviours can not make a field optional if it is set mandatory in Jira - the mandatory setting is checked on the server-side as the issue is created, and Behaviours can't get to that.

So, to make a tab "optional", you have to make all the fields within it optional in the field configuration.

You can use Behaviours to completely hide a tab, but you'll need to have all the fields on it optional.

surender k December 29, 2021

Thanks Nic

could you provide a script on 

If I select "Business services"(value)

in "Business Driver" (Elements connect field) 

then other fields "ID Impact, Product Impact, PD Houses" to non mandatory.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 30, 2021

Again, you cannot make a field non-mandatory with Behaviours.  You have to make the field optional in the field configuration.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events