Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Behaviour script) Make Assignee field mandatory if issue is part of (active) sprint

Deleted user June 11, 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to achieve the above via Script Runner plugin (Behaviour). (I ignored whether the sprint is the active sprint or future sprint until I will solve this issue)

First, I tried this: (Added "Sprint" field to fields section in Behaviour & this is the server-side script)

def sprintCfVal = getFieldByName("Sprint").getValue()
def assignee = getFieldById("assignee")
if (sprintCfVal)
{
assignee.setRequired(true)
} else {
assignee.setRequired(false)
}

But since Assignee default value is "Unassigned", assignee.setRequired(true) is meaningless here.

So I tried a different approach, trying to return an error whenever the issue has sprint value & Assignee is "Unassigned": (Added "Sprint" field to fields section in Behaviour & this is the server-side script)

import com.opensymphony.workflow.InvalidInputException
def sprintCfVal = getFieldByName("Sprint").getValue()
def assigneeVal = assignee.getValue()
if (sprintCfVal && assigneeVal == "")
{
def fldAssignee = getFieldById("assignee")
fldAssignee.setError("==" + assigneeVal + "==")
}

If I edit an issue & add it to a sprint when it's unassigned I do get the error.

However, if I try to correct this & assign the issue to a user in the same edit screen, I still get the same error message ("====") which means he still thinks the issue is unassigned.

I tried adding "Assignee" field to Behaviour field section and moved the previous code to be server-side script for that field but that didn't help. 

Any advice/idea about what I'm doing wrong here? 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Alejandro Suárez - TecnoFor
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 14, 2018

Hi @[deleted],

Remember you only can do mandatory fields with behaviours on transition screens or edit screens, and only if that screens have the field "Assignee" (in this case).

With that in mind, you can check if the current issue is in active sprint with JQL query:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.search.SearchProvider
import com.atlassian.jira.jql.parser.JqlQueryParser
import com.atlassian.jira.user.UserUtils
import com.atlassian.jira.web.bean.PagerFilter

def jqlQueryParser = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(JqlQueryParser)
def searchProvider = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(SearchProvider)

def admin = UserUtils.getUser("adminjira") // Your admin user
def filter = "issuekey = ${underlyingIssue.getKey()} AND sprint in openSprints()"
def query = jqlQueryParser.parseQuery(filter)
def results = searchProvider.search(query, admin, PagerFilter.getUnlimitedFilter())
if (results.issues.size() > 0){
assignee.setRequired(true)
} else {
assignee.setRequired(false)
}

I tried to find how to get the sprint properties with java api, but I didnt have any luck, so this may work.

SWAPNIL SRIVASTAV November 28, 2019

Hello @Alejandro Suárez - TecnoFor ,

Do the behavior server side script applied on field 'Assignee' or Initialiser script work on 'Assign' Issue screen?

Best Regards,

Swapnil Srivastav

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events