Automatic create checklist based on checkboxes

Vadim December 20, 2017

Hello everyone! I need to resolve some simple task.

I need a script that would create a checklist based on checked positions in checkboxes list. Script should start in post function workflow. I know that it can be realized in scipts via ScriptRunner but I don't know java language :(

3 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Randee024 January 10, 2018

Hi Vadim,

Correct me if Im wrong, in short term you just want a script code for getting the selected value in checkbox field?

Ill try to help you out. try to use this SIL routine getFieldOptions("Project Key", "Issue Type","Field Name");
example: 
customfield_id (where you gonna display those selected values)

code: %customfield_id% = getFieldOptions("Project Key", "Issue Type","Field Name");

Thank you,
Randy

Vadim January 14, 2018

Actually, I need a code for creating checklist.

Randee024 January 15, 2018

base on your explanation. you should get the value that the user selected in the check boxes? and filled it up in your own checklist details right? so you should get the value by using getFieldOption routine then feed it in your custom field(checklist).

0 votes
Vadim January 8, 2018

Javascript can't help with this problem. Somebdoy know how to add a checklist items via groovy script?

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2017

Hi,

Could you explain with an example?

Vadim December 20, 2017

We using a Service Desk. When customer creates a ticket he checks some checkboxes (for example - services that he need) in a request form. After applying a request we should recieve a ticket with automatic created checklist filled with items from checked checkboxes.

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2017

Really i don't know why you didn't use the checkboxes?

if i have understood :), you have several checkboxes and for each checkbox values are selected 

Chex1:V11, V22

Chex2,V21,V22

and you want that all these values selected or checked in chexboxes chex1 ad check 2 will be selected in check list like this

check list selected values will be V11, V12 , V21, V22

is it your need ?

if yes , why did you want do this ?

Vadim December 21, 2017

Oh, my English is too bad for so complicate explanations from my side.

Let me explain my question in list :)

1) Customer create a  request in "Help Center". When customer fills a request, he checks some position of checkboxes (V11, V14, V15..) 

2) In "Basic Support" project creates a ticket with checklist of chosen positions by customer (V11, V14, V15...) and a few base positions (e-mail, AD account, workstation). After all I must have a checklist with positions (e-mail, AD account. workstation, V11, V14, V15).

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2017

Don't worry , me too i am not well in English :).

Ok I think that's i have understood like i have explained

Maube you can do it with java script or with your plugin scripting

so you could create a checklist with all values of all checkboxes like

Positions by customer (V11, V14, V15...)

Base positions (e-mail, AD account, workstation)

and create a checklist with values :

V11, V14, V15...,e-mail, AD account, workstation

and with scripting plugin or javascript you select the values selected in checkboxes

for example :

checked values in:

Positions by customer: V11, V14

Base positions :e-mail, AD account

The selected values in checklist are V11, V14,e-mail, AD account

I don't know if really what do you need :)

I am just trying to give you help if possible:)

Vadim December 21, 2017

Yeah, you understood me right) But the problem is that I don't even know JS or JAVA and I can't write this script. I hope somebody can help me with this.

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2017

I could Help you to do it with javascript :), but it will take sometimes  could you share with me your creation screen ?

which scripting plugin are you using ?

Vadim December 21, 2017

Can we talk in any messenger? It will be faster and I can give you some more information. My skype vadim.lutsevich.jandall or u can choose any other messenger.

Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2017

in gmail nadirmeziani if possible , later i will try to do it in my instance Jira core

Vadim December 21, 2017

Ok. vadim.lutsevich@gmail.com

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events