Automatic Content Creation

Didem Seda Taş March 28, 2022

Hi,

I have an insight type field called "Affected Business Service" on the Create screen. On the View screen, I have a text type field called "Spinnaker Pipeline". If the user selects the 'Billing Service' option in the "Affected Business Service" field, I want the 'Helm deployment and Pod restart' content to be automatically set to the "Spinnaker Pipeline" field on the View screen.

How can I write a script for this?

Have a good day :)

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Jeroen Poismans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2022

Hello,

Few questions:

• Is the "Spinnaker Pipeline" field visible on the Create screen?
  • If so, should the content of this field change on the Create screen when selection is made in "Affected Business Service"?

==> If answer here is Yes, then you would need a Behaviour (script).

==> If answer is No, you won't need a script if you have the JSU or JMWE app (you could use postfunction).

==> Alternatively you could use an Automation that on Create has a condition JQL where "Affected Business Service" has the trigger value and as action set your "Spinnaker Pipeline" field. This however would require the Automation for Jira app (since you are on Server).

==> If all above is not applicable, you could use a script postfunction setting the value.

Can you elaborate on your case?

Kind regards,

Jeroen

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events