Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate the updating of "Fix versions" on linked support tickets.

Deleted user November 4, 2022

Hello,

I'm using ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud and I basically have the following workflow that I'm trying to automate.

1. A fix version (field name "Fix versions") is updated on a bug/story
  2. I have a script listener triggering on issue update which checks if the "Fix versions" field was updated, if it was it drops into a "do something" block.
  3. I would like to update any linked "support ticket" type issue to have the same Fix version which was just entered in the bug/story.

Basically I want any updates to the fix version to propagate out to any linked support tickets, I've managed a solution which unfortunately will only work on Jira server, and I'm struggling a little getting this to work on cloud having just migrated.

Here's the shell:

def fixVersionChanged = changelog?.items.find { it['field'] == 'Fix versions' }

if (!fixVersionChanged) {
//logger.info("Fix Version was not modified")
return;
}

//logger.info("Fix Version was modified")

Assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2022

Hi @[deleted] 

Is it a MUST that it needs to be done with scriptrunner? Jira cloud provides Automation for Jira out of the box and this is a very simple task that could also be implemented with A4J without any need of scripting.

Furthermore:
Are the linked issues within the same project than the trigger-issue?

Best
Stefan

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events