Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Escalate Priority based on Date/Time

Anthony Zepeda February 12, 2018

I am trying to see if there is a way to automatically  escalate a ticket based on a date/time set. So if I create a Medium Priority ticket, and set a date/time for tomorrow at 10AM, tomorrow at 10AM, i then automatically changes to a High Priority ticket. I currently have the script runner and automation for jira addons, but not have not been successful in being able to implement this. Does anyone have any ideas on this? 

2 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Jon Bevan [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2018

Hi Anthony, you can achieve this using the Escalation Service provided by ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud.

You'll need a JQL query that returns the issues you're interested in and then some code that changes the priority using the Jira REST API.

Let me know if you need help,
Thanks,
Jon

0 votes
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2018

Hey @Anthony Zepeda 

Are you using Jira Cloud or Server? Also is this for Jira or Jira Service Desk?

Thanks! 

steven_davis_tsico_com May 29, 2018

I also would like to know if there's a way to auto adjust a priority based on a time-frame.

I am using Jira Cloud.

Thanks!

Steven

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events