Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Assigning test steps to different users TM4J

Hi all,

Thanks for any help in advance!

We are currently using Jira Cloud with the TM4J plug in. This allows us to set up our test scenarios, scripts, cycles etc. Currently we can assign a test case to a user to execute but if the test has multiple steps across various teams I can't see way to assign these steps. 

Example:

Test Case 1 to bill a customer has 3 test steps.

Step 1 - Run billing cycle

Step 2 - Check invoice produced and is correct

Step 3 - Check all Financial entries are correct

Steps 1 & 2 might be done by the billing team for example whereas the final step might be a different team in Finance.

Currently I have to manually check the progress or rely on test users to forward to colleagues. I would like to be able to assign each step to a user so they know when they have steps to complete etc.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Neil

1 answer

Hi Neil,

We recommend moving this question and tagging SmartBear on it as Adaptavist no longer owns Test Management for Jira. Learn more.

Please direct your TM4J Server/DC queries to tm4j-server-support@smartbear.com or TM4J Cloud queries to tm4j-cloud-support@smartbear.com. You can also visit their general support portal

Kind regards,

Katy

Adaptavist Product Support 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🎨 Add some visual life to your templates

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is Avni Barman, and I am a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Based on feedback from you, we are giving admins more power to create templates that a...

129 views 1 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you