cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign issue to a specific user if he is NOT part of a group

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Hi all,

When an issue is created, the assignee must be the reporter, but if this assignee is NOT part of a specific group, the assignee must be the project lead.

I was trying to make 2 post functions, the first "assign to reporter" and the next, if current user is not part of a group "X" then assign to specific role or project lead.

I thought that it would be pretty simple and found some links doing similar things with script runner but I have been trying and I can't get it working... I'm pretty useless with scripting, developing and all of this kind of things. The people in my org who are in charge of scripts, listeners, etc, are on vacations right now and I need a resolution as quickly as possible.

Can someone, please, help me?

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Groovy-Condition-User-assignee-NOT-in-group/qaq-p/111061 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/jira-scriptrunner-user-belongs-to-group/qaq-p/640102

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Jenna Davis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2018

Hello Cristian, 

You should be able to do something like this, as long as I read the requirements correctly:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def assignee = issue.assignee
def reporter = issue.reporter
def lead = issue.getProjectObject().projectLead
def groupA = ComponentAccessor.groupManager.getGroup("GroupA")

if(assignee != reporter){
return false
}
else {
if(!ComponentAccessor.groupManager.getUserNamesInGroup(groupA).contains(assignee.username)){
if(assignee == lead){
return true
}
else {return false}
}
else {return true}
}

Note: I didn't test this, so typos are possible - let me know if something isn't working.

If this example doesn't help could you send me what you have so far? I might be able to fix up what you've written already. :)

Jenna

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 1, 2018

Hi Jenna, sorry for the delay,

Another member of my company did it and I see that your solution is different than his solution. Thank you, I will try this in my test local instance and see if this works.

Regards!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events