Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assets post function condition create objects

Natalie Al-Delemi April 26, 2023

Hello,

I'm using the "Create an Assets Object from a Jira Issue" post function to create new objects from JIRA for a specific object type. I'm having difficulties to script a condition to go through all existing object names and comparing them to the "text custom field" for setting the name for the new object. It should return false if the iteration finds a matching name in the object list.

I found the following script on Atlassian's page to set a condition, but it doesn't iterate through all existing objects and compare the names. Can someone help me get the correct script?

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField;

def value = issue.getCustomFieldValue(ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObject(10000)); // Change ID to the correct one     

/* If an insight custom field has an object called "Microsoft" it will fail */
if (value != null && "Microsoft".equals(value[0].getName())) {
    return false;
}

return true;

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Iterating through all the objects would be very inefficient, especially if the number of objects gets big.

I would recommend instead you leverage the IQLFacade and perform an IQL search. If the search returns a result, then the object already exists.

Something like this:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField
import com.riadalabs.jira.plugins.insight.channel.external.api.facade.IQLFacade;
def iqlFacade = ComponentAccessor.getOSGiComponentInstanceOfType(IQLFacade)

def fieldId = 10000L // Change ID to the correct one
def customField = ComponentAccessor.customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(fieldId)
def value = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customField)

def iql = """objectType="Application" and Name=$value""" //change application to the correct object type and Name to the correct attribute
def searchResult = iqlFacade.findObjects(iql)
if(searchResult) return false
return true
Natalie Al-Delemi May 4, 2023

thanks Peter-Dave for your response. The code is working now :)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events