Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After programmatic move: How can I get Jira to find the issue by original issue key?

Rolf Dieter Zschau February 21, 2019

I managed to move an issue programmatically (groovy script using Script Runner, running as escalation service) from one project to another, migrating the workflow using migrateIssueToWorkflow of WorkflowManager. So I used a code similar to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-to-move-an-issue-programatically-to-a-different-project/qaq-p/515955. My special configuration allows for a specialized case, so that this is working. I also managed to enter change history entries that look similar to entries of a manual move using UI. 

So far so good.

But compared to the manual move using UI I'm still missing, that the issue is found by searching for original issue key. What entry do I have to make / what methods of what objects to use, so I get that working? 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Diego Godoy Poce September 22, 2021

Hi @Rolf Dieter Zschau

Were you been able to solve this problem? I have the same question. I can't get the issue by its original issue key and all the references in comments, links...has been lost.

Thank you.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events