Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptavist api for test run creation for huge no.of test cases

skumar deva August 8, 2019
Hi,
The create run api /testrun times out with more number of test cases, say above 300-400.
From official documentation kanoah, I dont find pagination params for create testrun nor the PUT call for creating test run so that I can add test cases to a single run in batches.
Please help me with
creating testrun for 500+ test cases.
Thanks in advance.

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2019

I'd recommend you ask them directly from their JSD portal: https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/servicedesk/customer/portals

From what I can tell, I think you are right that the public API is lacking a PUT option to just add test cases.

But if you feel adventurous (and the fine adaptavist folks may not like what I'm about to tell you), you can examine the calls made by your browsers when you add test cases to an existing test run. You will see that it's possible to PUT to /rest/tests/1.0/testrunitem/bulk/save.

Notes:

• /rest/tests/1.0 instead of /rest/atm/1.0 - that's their non-public api
  • testrunitem/bulk/save is for changing the test run traceability data

The payload looked like this when I added 2 test to a run that already had 2:

{
"testRunId":12677,
"addedTestRunItems":[
{"index":0,"lastTestResult":{"testCaseId":24219,"assignedTo":"p6s"}},
{"index":1,"lastTestResult":{"testCaseId":24214,"assignedTo":"p6s"}}
],
"updatedTestRunItems":[],
"updatedTestRunItemsIndexes":[
{"id":304535,"index":2},
{"id":304534,"index":3}
],
"deletedTestRunItems":[]
}

I suspect you can omit the updatedTestRunItemsIndexes if you add your new test cases with new index numbers (rather than at the top like this did).

This non-public API, in my experience, can be used with that same authentication as the public one.

Of course, they are not guaranteed to be consistent from version to version since they are designed to be used internally by the app. So if you have problems with it, then Adaptavist support may not be willing to help you.

skumar deva August 10, 2019

Thank you so much Peter ... Will try the JSD portal ...

yes, have tried inspect, found the same one as you have mentioned... when I have tried adding to existing RUN, it was adding only one test case though my pay load was more than one... I couldn't continue on this since it was non-public api and as you too mentioned, there wont be support if they deprecate it later in future...

will try my luck with JSD portal :-) ..

Thanks once again

Cheers

skumar

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events