Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptavist Sriptrunner for jira server. What bindings I can use where?

Dennis Alexander June 11, 2019

Adaptavist provides documentation about extending Jira functionality through groovy scripts. Unfortunately, it's not clear what bindings can be used where.

Different bindings are used inconsistently and some are missed, so figuring out what can be used and what cannot be is guesswork.

For example, documented bindings for https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/scripted-fields.html#_scripting scripted fields.

To get access to custom field value I need to use getCustomFieldValue, besides such key binding as issue is missed altogether.

Now, documented bindings for workflow scripts https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_technical_stuff_for_advanced_users

To get access to custom field value I need to use cfValues, and way more shortcuts compared to what I allegedly can use in script fields.

Question

Is there a cheat-sheet/document that outlines bindings for different scripts to eliminate/minimize the guesswork.

Console these bindings

Built-in scripts: these bindings

Transition scripts: these bindings

Scripted fields: these and so on

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2019

Hi Dennis, 

In every Script Area there is a ? symbol that will gives you a dialog with the available binding in the specific context 

Screenshot 2019-06-13 at 10.49.39.png

You mentioned that Different bindings are used inconsistently and some are missed. Do you have an example ? Maybe is something that we missed somewhere and we have to include it. 

Regards, Thanos

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2019

That is really handy.

Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2019

I also like the idea of @Dennis Alexander for creating a cheat sheet or handy reference. This will help the newbies like me to learn quickly.

0 votes
Dennis Alexander June 14, 2019

That is interesting. Thank you, this functionality does not work for me on Chrome OS;

also, Ctrl + Space shortcut does not work on Chrome OS as it reserved (and can not be changed) to change the input method (from EN to DE for example)

If this info is available by pressing on (?) and you guys have it, why it is not part of the documentation?

Chrome Version: Version 75.0.3770.61 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

An example of the inconsistency is that at workflow there is cfValues and getCustomFieldValue in script fields. But this is just an example.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events