activeobjects skip the check that the column name does not allow more than 30 characters

SU_ Derek R May 11, 2021

I am developing jira plugin. Unfortunately, I have a table with fixed column names and more than 30 characters, and some strange symbols. Now I want to define it as an ao object, but because of more than 30 characters, I cannot successfully map it. Is it possible to skip this check, or is there a case where I can use other persistence frameworks

1 comment

Comment

Kashev Dalmia _Soteri_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 20, 2022

You're way more likely to get a good response for questions like this if you post on CDAC, which is Atlassian developer specific.

I wouldn't recommend using ActiveObjects for trying to map to tables which already exist. I recommend QueryDSL, which is way more fully features than Active Objects anyways. For mapping to a table already in the Jira database, I recommend ignoring trying to auto-generated the "Q" Objects, and make them manually yourself.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events