So I would like to add another field to this screen which is the default view for tickets. I have already configured this field but cannot figure out how to add it to this view.
Hello @Grigor Tashchyan!
Once the field is created and configured, one needs to add it to the screens where it's needed. First let me direct you to this page which shows many relationships involving screens, fields, and schemes:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/project-screens-schemes-and-fields-938847220.html
Next, here's documention on creating and modifying screens:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/defining-a-screen-938847288.html
And as a bonus, here's a Community discussion on a situation similar to yours that has some nice nuance things that might come into play, especially the behavior of an empty field:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Adding-custom-field-to-JIRA-main-issue-screen/qaq-p/167806
Hope these help. If this answers your question, please click the "Accept Answer" button so others benefit from the "answered" flag in their search results.
Thanks!~~Larry Brock
Hi @Grigor Tashchyan,
You can also try editing the screen from the project settings.
Regards,
Sravya
Ok question for you, I fi make a change in terms of screen or issues etc. is it only effecting the view?ew UI Jira just came out with only or both the new and old
I've not dealt with the new UI very much but I'd expect the config change to show up in either UI. This is and has been a basic function for as far back as I've been using Jira (v3.x) so I can't imagine it wouldn't work for the new UI.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.