I am using JIRA Cloud.
I want to set a default assignee based on issue type. I found this article and follow this but it didn't work.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions/Default-assignee-for-issue-type/qaq-p/215044
I tried different post function such as "assign to the reporter" or "update priority to highest", and they worked, but only "update assignee to specific person" doesn't work.(This means all workflow (scheme) setting is correctly done.)
I assume this is a bug. Please let me know if you encounter similar problem or any good solution.
Best Regards,
Masa
Hello,
You need to create different workflows for each issue type and then add the Update Issue post function for the create transition. In this post function set the correct assignee.
Hi Alexey
Thank you for your reply! Yes, I created another workflow by copying the current workflow. And then assign specific issue type to new one, but it didn't work. Other post function worked for the specific issue type which is assigned to a new workflow. That's why I have no idea why only "update assignee to specific person" doesn't work.
It'd be great if you have any further ideas.
Thanks!
Make sure that the workflow is published and that the user who creates the issue has the Assign Users permission and that the user, to whom you assign, has the Assignable users permission
Yes, it's published. I added other post functions on the same workflow and it works. Assign user is a member of this project so it should be no problem.
Thanks,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.