Okay, to try and explain this without too much detail. We are creating a customer portal facing project for change requests and new features etc.
We are putting all customers under the one organization so that they can review other open requests. However, we don't want other customers (outside the reporter) to be able to add comments to these tickets (just visibility).
I seem to have this working by removing the 'add comments' permission from the Service Desk Customer - Portal Access security type. This allows the reporter (customer) to add comments, and any other customer with access to the ticket cannot add comments.
However, I keep getting a jira error notification every time I click a button or change screens. The error:
"The Service Desk Customer - Portal Access security type doesn't have the following required permissions: Add Comments".
So, it seems it is working the way I want it, but Jira doesn't seem to want to allow it and I can't get rid of the constant error message.
Any ideas? Can I do this differently or should I not do it at all?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael