We have started the trial for Questions for Confluence in our tenant, but now we have no idea how to configure it to use a specific space. Can we not just implement the feature wherever we like, on whatever page we like??
Hi @Charisma Riley,
When you ask a question you can select the space you would like to ask it in. Here is some documentation about that:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/questions/integrate-questions-with-your-spaces-407724495.html
In short, "questions can be created outside a space organized just by topic, or asked inside a space, to inherit space permissions and keep things together."
Depending on the Confluence theme you are applying, this should work.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Restrict-questions-to-spaces/qaq-p/65602
I cannot understand how to ask the questions, nor do I understand how to display the questions that have been asked or answered. It all seems to go to a new space? Also, how do I configure questions to apply to a specific space? The documentation needs drastic improvement.
This is documentation on how to ask a question:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/questions/questions-and-answers-407724478.html#Questionsandanswers-spacequestion
At the bottom it shows how to ask in a space.
"To ask a question in a space, go to the space and choose Questions on the sidebar (if you can view the space you'll be able to ask and answer questions). Alternatively, you can go to Create> Ask a question and choose the right space from the drop down. "
Yes, @Patrick Cartier [Candylio], I understand how they ask the questions. But my question is how do we see them? Where do the questions go? They do not appear on the page in which they are asked; the questions are site-wide but become invisible once asked. How do I tell Questions where to place the questions that are asked? How can I split them up into different pages depending on category? And why does it take the users off of the page to ask the question (it opens some sort of instance where the question is asked and it's really confusing. Everyone wonders how we can see the questions and the votes and comments. It is the weirdest add-in.)? I have a feeling there is a disconnect here because I'm not getting replies from anyone who has installed and tried to use. I'm hoping maybe someone with experience with the product can help?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.