I've created several next-gen projects, but when I try to create a classic project I get an error message from Jira "For some reason the magic didn't happen. Click Create to try again."
I'm the site admin. And I'm on the trial version.
Thx!
Hi @Mitzi Fox,
Are you a Jira-Administrator? It could be a permissions issue, since only admins can create classic projects.
-Scott
I am also getting this error. I am on a license from Coursera course. This is a totally new account and I am the only admin of the projects I created...any other thoughts?
@Mitzi Fox and @Gemma Sole, unfortunately this is a known issue that has not been corrected yet. For more information you can review the ticket at JRACLOUD-69324.
In the meantime, Atlassian has a process to correct it on your systems. I've created a support ticket with Atlassian for you, if you don't hear from them soon you can reach out to them at https://support.atlassian.com/contact#
I hope this helps,
Hey all,
Just following up here - @Mitzi Fox and @Gemma Sole you'll get an email from our support system shortly confirming new support tickets for this problem. We have a fix to apply to your instances that won't take long. The support tickets emails will contain more details!
Cheers,Daniel | Atlassian Support
This is happening for our cloud instance, too.
It fails with "For some reason the magic didn't happen. Click Create to try again." but Issue Type Schemes, Screens, Screen Schemes a.s.o. get created, though.
The Audit Log doesn't show "Project created" but "Project deleted" for the projects in question.
@Scott Theus / @Daniel Eads, do I have to get in contact with Atlassian or is commenting here sufficient?
@[deleted]you will need to contact Atlassian Support:
https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/
Thanks!
I have the same problem here, contacted support hope it will be solved soon.
After contacting Atlassian Support, they got back to me quickly and solved the problem! In my case the problem was related to JSWCLOUD-17271.
Thy have applied a fix for my account and now it is working.
5 months later and this is still an issue! I cant create classic boards! and next-gen boards dont have tasks in stories. Why does technology always manage to mess us over! Always.
What errors are you getting?
I'm getting the same problem as @Mitzi Fox When I try to create a project I get the error message: "For some reason the magic didn't happen. Click Create to try again."
I'm the site admin and I'm also on the trial version.
I need to setup the my project before I will consider buying the solution.
Hey Ramsus,
Just following up here as I saw your other question on Community as well. I've opened up a support case for you so we can investigate what you're seeing in Jira. An email from our support system will have more information on next-steps.
Hi @Daniel Eads ,
We had same error when creating Jira projects.
I've checked the global permission; Jira Administrator, and their user groups. It seems fine.
Can you please support us?
Thank you
It is really scary when a company has the same error in their product for five years straight with no solution.
@Embrenchia Snyman I created a support case on your behalf over in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-936610
It appears that the previous bug cited in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69324 was closed without a fix. The cause appears to have been a project key format customization that was outside the expected formats. I'm not sure that is the same cause here, but support can investigate this further to determine if there is a solution at hand.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.