Hey guys,
I'm new to Jira.
I'm carrying out some project management duties in my internship and we want to get the marketing team on board with Jira. We want them to be able to track their work as they're pressed with many projects as is. We also want to be able to have other sub-departments be able to track their work.
With that being said, so far I created a sandbox model of our "marketing campaign", which consists of tasks and subtasks to be done by the end of the month. We have Jira Software (and I believe it has the same capabilities of Jira Core for business)
Now I want to create another department within Jira (one for the IT department in my company). I want this department to only see their projects, and I don't want them to be able to see projects from other departments like marketing.
To sum it up, how would I go about creating these different "departments", putting them into Jira, and setting their permissions to where they can only see the projects that they were assigned?
Thanks,
Ian Balas