Hi all,
We have created an "issue" type (in Jira) called "questions." We use this to enable people to ask questions about a project and then list out all the questions on a Confluence page so we can figure out what folks need to get answers to.
Many of our users are not tech savvy, so they don't fully understand what an Epic is and how they need to select it when creating the Jira ticket. If they don't select the Epic then the new issue isn't linked and doesn't show up in the Confluence table.
Because we have many "projects/epics" under the master project, this is why I need the Epic selected. It filters out the questions on Confluence for just that project. This way I can have other projects on other Confluence tables with the same Question type.
Specifically here is what I have done and I am trying to do.
- Enable hyperlink on a Confluence page (done)
- On click, open Jira issue (done)
- Because it is coming from a specific project page, how do I select/set the "Epic" by default so my users don't have to do it?
If there is a better way to do it I am open and attached are some screenshots of how it looks now. 

