I tried the suggested solution where I used the settings in the workflow (see screenshot), however - this restricted all users ability to comment, I only want to restrict a single user group.
Hello, @Tim Hotham!
Check your project's permission scheme. There should be a set of permissions related to comments:
Thanks Greg, the user role I want to restrict has permissions to add/edit comments, but I want the ability to stop that specific role from being able to add comments when a ticket is closed in the workflow.
Oh, I see now, sorry.
I know the answer but only for a field, not a comment section
Let's wait for someone else to advise.
Hello @Tim Hotham
I am not sure , but you can add this property to closed status
jira.permission.comment.group=some-group
Instead of some-group use the jira admin group and thus only admins should be able to add comment on closed issues and no one else.
@Grigory Salnikov
No problem, I did try the solution offered here;
page https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-can-I-prevent-a-customer-from-commenting-a-closed-issue-but/qaq-p/12470
But when I added the user role with the restriction to the properties of ‘Closed’ in the workflow (see screen shot), it disabled the ability for anyone to add comments
I shall try that, thanks
@Tarun Sapra I tried that, still restricted every user group ;-(
Thanks for the suggestion though.
Tim
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.