Looking for a way to automatically label all issues generated from email. Seems like the workflow create transition holds some potential. You can add a validator to regex validate the Description content for "Created via e-mail". You can add a post function to add the label: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Is-there-a-way-to-automatically-add-a-Label-for-a-created-JIRA/qaq-p/244174But I don't want all created issues to have it. I've considered creating a matching workflow so that I could have two create transitions (since you can only have one), but I want the same workflow for all issue types and I want all issue types to be able to be filtered like this. Any ideas?Thanks for thoughts!
You should be able to do this with project automation. I have not tested this out, but it seems logical. You can play around with what I've placed below, but I'm not sure how you plan on identifying tickets that require the label and those that do not. Let me know if it works.
Project Settings > Automation
WHEN: Issue Created
IF: Issue Matches - request-type-channel = email AND issuetype ="Whatevever issue type"
THEN: Edit Issue - Labels - whatever value
You'll need to use a plugin if you want to do it off a conditional.
The seperate issue type with similar but different workflows might work but then you lose the ability to easily change the issue type (you'll still be able to do issue type changes via "move")
I'm not sure how to access this feature. (I'm using the cloud version of Jira) When I go to project settings, there is no automation option anywhere in the whole left menu under settings. I looked into all the sections, and did not find them inside any of the areas (like Issue Types). Is this an automation plugin?
I'm guessing Raynard was referring to this add-on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1215460/automation-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
Yep, I apologize @Spyder McHenry. I failed to mention that.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.