Hello,
Here is the brief:
I have several projects sharing the same workflow, field configuration and screen scheme so that an issue can easily be moved from one project to the other without having anything else to do than selecting the target project.
To simplify my need, let's assume there is only two projects: project A for team 1 and Project B for team 2, and that this shared workflow has the initial status: "Open" and only two possible outcomes (resolutions): "Closed" or "To be passed to the other team".
When an issue in Project A reaches the resolution "To be passed to the other team", I need this issue to move to Project B and start again the workflow at "Open".
- I am aware that tying to move an issue between projects as a post-function of a transition is highly complex and to avoid at all costs, so I resigned myself to having Reporters perform the Move action by themselves using JIRA's out-of-the-box Move function.
- I take for granted that in order to "start again" the workflow when the issue is moved to the other project, I need a transition from my ultimate status: "To be passed to the other team" to my initial one: "Open", fairly basic..
- I am also aware that there is no such thing as a "Move post-function", so no possibility to have the transition triggered automatically by the move, >> it will have to be performed manually by Reporters too.
- So now, my problem is how to prevent this transition from being performed until the issue has actually been moved to the other project, so that the user can't get the issue back to "Open" while staying in the same project.
I tried to think about the only value that would inevitably changes during this move, the issuekey, but I can't wrap my mind around any viable condition or validator using it..
I am open to any solution, whether it hides the transition (use of a condition) or blocks it (use of a validator), only restrictions: JIRA Cloud (so no listener option available), but if it can help I have JMWE plugin activated on the instance and therefore all the additional conditional post-functions that goes along.
Any help would be highly appreciated!
Sincerely,