I have checked all of my settings and Notification Helper, but despite all of this I am still not getting notifications upon issue creation, Any tips on how to start troubleshooting this?
Drew,
Victor is correct.
Another way to handle this is to create an Automation Rule. Within the project, go to Settings - you should then see the dark blue navigation bar on the left. look for "Automation". Click on that. In the upper right, click "Add Rule". choose "Custom Rule" at the top. Click Continue. "When this happens..." choose "Issue Created" click Add. Then under "Then do this..." click "Alert User" and type your name. Then click Save. You would then probably want to add a new queue in the project just for these so you can keep track of them - Something like "All open issues" Note you will only be notified for issues created within this particular project not all projects. Hope this helps.
Is this for your service desk or JIRA?
Victor
Service Desk.
In the project, what is your role? From your explanation, you want to receive notification when issues are created? Created by you or when customers create issues?
I am project lead, and I want to receive notifications whenever customers create issues.
This did help, I am now getting notifications on issue creation, thanks! Do you happen to know how to get it so that JIRA will email me when a notification comes up? I sometimes get emails, but not always and I cannot seem to find the place where this action is defined. In the automation section I saw an option for an email to be sent, but that my only options for recipients were Reporter and Customers Involved.
Yes, that email function within Automation is not so good. For email notification upon issue creation I am still using a post function added to the workflow. There is a post function called "Email issue". I usually add this to the very first transition after Create in the workflow. This too is a bit clunky and will take you some time to sort through. You would have to edit the workflow attached to the correct request type / issue type. I hope this helps.
Fantastic! As long as I have a solution I am happy. Just knowing that my situation is not unique that that others are having to jury-rig solutions helps a ton. Thanks again!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.