We use Intertec TimePro [v6.0.30] as our Timesheeting system and that isn't going to change. We don't want developers logging work in Jira and then manually re-entering it into Intertec TimePro [v6.0.30].
We have spoken to Intertec and an API is not on their Roadmap.
Has anyone had the same or similar issue and offer advice?
Donna,
I took a quick look to see if there was an addon that interfaced Intertec w/ Jira but didn't find anything. I would look to see if Intertec support an import from CSV or excel. If so then you can regularly (daily, weekly) export from Jira and import into Intertec.
Failing this, your only recourse is to have the developers (or someone) manually enter their time into Intertec. This is unfortunate for sure but I assume that the Intertec requirement wasn't considered by the Jira assessment team.
Thank you for your response.
Timepro doesn't allow imports of any kind. ATM we have a person taking a report from Jira and creating the Timepro entries manually. What year is it again? 2018 or 1918?
Timepro doesn't have API capability on their roadmap.
Appears extremely shortsighted.
You are right, it is shortsighted and a very bad thing to do to your customers.
However, this problem is entirely on the Intertec/Timepro side. Jira has interfaces to allow other systems to read and write time-tracking information.
It's even more of a failing that they cannot accept even basic imports.
I am afraid we can't actually help you here. We're Atlassian users, not Timepro product managers. Timepro is failing you, not Atlassian software. You need to take these failings to Timepro, or move away from it, as it clearly is not working for you.
I agree completely. I wasn't suggesting it was a Jira issue. The blocker for me is the rest of the business relies on TimePro and it wont be until they hurt that any change will be made.
Cheers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.