The question was already raised here by Ingrid and Sarah:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Issues-do-not-appear-in-my-backlog/qaq-p/352913#M17450
According to Atlassian's documentation:
"An issue will only be visible in the Scrum backlog if: (...) the issue's status maps to one of the board's columns"
(from Using your Scrum backlog)
I think this is a problem.
Here is my use case:
- In my workflow the initial status is New ( which means "undiscussed" )
- After New comes To Do in the workflow ( which means "we're gonna do it" ).
- We are using Scrum boards and doing sprints.
- The first relevant status of our sprint is To Do.
- Thus the first column of our sprints is mapped only to To Do.
- I don't want to see New issues in the sprint.
- But I want to see New issues in the backlog.
Because of Jira's limitation, if I want to see the New issue in the backlog, I have to map the status New to one of the Scrum columns.
I don't want to do that.
Am I the only one to want to organise my projects this way and thus to have this problem?