I have a user that created a project without my knowledge. I checked another user and when the view all projects, they can see the 'create project' button in the top right. I'd like to restrict that button to just Administrators.
Hello Eric,
Since you're using Jira Cloud, you need to remove Create independent projects permission from users, see documentation. Otherwise, even though users don't have administration rights, they can create projects.
Hope this helps,
- Manon
Hi @Eric Vormelker,
The ability to create project IS restricted to Jira Administrators. It seems that your the users you mention have administrator permissions while they probably shouldn't.
Apparently something new in Cloud since February 2018. Thx for pointing that out, @Manon Soubies-Camy!
Thank you, @Manon Soubies-Camy!
You're welcome! I discovered this permission last month, not sure Atlassian talked a lot about this new feature.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.