When I am ending my sprint, I get the message that incomplete issues will move to the backlog, or to the sprint I select. I select the upcoming sprint and then only SOME of the issues are moving to the next sprint, and some of them are getting buried in the backlog.
In my last sprint, there were 6 issues that should have moved forward, but only one did. I'm closing the sprint from a board that is only filtered by project, and the tasks are all in the same incomplete status "Verify on Prod".
The only features that I can see that separate the one that moved forward was it is a sub-task, where the others are either a Story or a Task.
Also, the one that moved forward had a different value for "component' than the other five.
This is a lovely puzzle, but I just can't seem to figure it out. Anyone have an idea?