I am trying to create an issue filter where I can easily see which organizations have created new issues in the last week. I can easily create an issue filter which shows me all issues created in the last week, but I am not able to display a column which shows the organization(s) to which the reporter belongs to. This seems to be due to the issue not containing a field which can be listed.
I am aware of the "organizations" field, but this is not what I need; this field reports the organizations which the reporter chose to share the issue with (and if the reporter chose "private" then this field will be empty).
So I was thinking that I could create a custom field for the issue and then run some automation which would copy the organization(s) to which the reporter belongs to into this custom field.
I can foresee a problem in that any customer can belong to more than one company, which is useful if you want to allow your customers to share issues by department within an organization for example (by adding the same customer to multiple organizations which are the different departments in the same company). The problem would then be choosing which of the multiple companies to select. I would hope that a "left-index" into the array would suffice, or if I only allowed each customer to belong to one company, then it would only be possible to report one result anyway (which I am happy to live with as this feature is more important to me than having customers belong to multiple companies).
So does anyone know how to extract the organization to which a reporter belongs to so that I can add an automation to put the result of the query into a custom field which can be used as a column in my issue search results?