We have an original estimate field while creating an issue in JIRA. Is there a way to create another field on similar lines to get QA estimates separately?
I couldn't find a custom field type to meet this requirement.
No, there is no field that behaves similarly in Jira. The "original estimate" is a field which has a lot of functionality hung off it, and it behaves in quite a complex way. All the time-tracking and worklog stuff is hung off it.
I've not seen a (public) plugin that provides a similar field, even one that just holds a duration. What you've found in the Jira toolkit is actually a search field - it allows you to do simple searches on the estimate, it doesn't add anything to the issues.
I finally found the field type. It is present with JIRA Toolkit. But now, I can't see the added field on my screen. checked the context of the field and seems alright. Help needed.
Thanks Nic. Is there a way to acheive this?
Not without code - you need a duration field to store a length of time.
Is there a way to copy the original estimate to a custom field?
You can copy things during a workflow transition "Post Function".
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.