We have (without success) worked with a couple of Atlassian "Experts" thus far. We need true consultation on how to properly implement the full platform for our development, support and services teams.
Are there any recommendations?
I appreciate all of the responses. We are now working with a third Expert. Thank you, Scott, for directly responding and working with me offline. Hopefully third time's a charm!
Hi Troy, I manage all the Experts in the Western US, but used to manage all the Americas, so I'm well acquainted with strengths and weaknesses. Can you drop me a line to scross@atlassian.com with location and etc and I can make a couple strong referrals.
Thanks!
Steve Cross
scross@atlassian.com
You should try AppFusions – US-based – many references!
I looked at consulting companies in some depth last fall to fill a need we had and will share my top 3 picks.
Suggest you take a look at Service Rocket. They're a Platinum partner and have been working with Atlassian for years. Indeed, I think they helped Atlassian pilot their original partner program. Last year they relocated their headquarters to the US, and they're a decent sized small company with offices on multiple continents. Good company, and they know Atlassian products inside and out. They also have some very appealing ongoing support offerings with SLA's – the one I'd love to get is the Atlassian Trusted Advisor.
AppFire offers a pretty broad range of services, including an Atlassian appliance, and are another Platinum partner. In fact, Bob Swift just joined them, so they clearly have expertise. Not quite as large and diverse as Service Rocket, and I didn't like their support offerings quite as much. A lot of their support is provided from on the other side of the world, which is a timezone issue. But clearly experts with a lot to offer.
I was also impressed with praecipio.com/. Much smaller and without as broad an offering, but obviously Atlassian experts.
Finally, I will also endorse AppFusions. I've worked with the company's founder, Ellen Feaheny, and do not doubt that anything she leads will be top notch.
Best wishes,
Sami Moran
sami.moran@rackspace.com
Howdy Troy! At Praecipio Consulting, we offer a wide range of services for your Atlassian needs. As Platinum Enterprise experts, we have a deep knowledge of the Atlassian product suite and have helped hundreds of clients achieve their best instances with our custom-tailored solutions.
If you have a few minutes to chat about your needs, we'd love to learn about your requirements and let you know how we at Praecipio Consulting can get you the results you need! Feel free to reach out to me directly or check out our website (Praecipio.com) to learn more about us and read about our client work.
Happy Holidays!
Erin Davis
erin@praecipio.com
P.S. You might be interested in:
How we brought Stash to Expedia
Our JIRA Expertise (just the tip of the iceberg!)
Troy,
I'm the tech lead for ServiceRocket's Atlassian consulting in the US. If you'd like to chat informally we can connect on LinkedIn. Our official email address will also reach me via our sales team. Steve Cross is also a great contact.
I'd also like to add Valiantys into this list - they are global and we have had very good experience with this company.
I recommend AppFusions. They provide us with deployment services and custom development. The team is very skilled.
Bob
Hi Dave with Go2Group. Not only is Go2Group Atlassian's oldest N. American partner, we are their 2nd largest reseller in the world. One of our engineers is the author of "The JIRA Development Cookbook" considered one of the top publications for JIRA developers. Feel free to reach out to us at services@go2group.com as we offer a plethora of services, training and custom integrations.
I would also recommend AppFusions. Although I'm not allowed to name my company, we have possibly one of the largest non-clustered and highly tuned versions of Confluence. They were easy to work with, very professional, and extremely helpful and instructive in both proving a custom plugin and improving our non-standard build process.
Steve Hadfield
And for completeness, my JIRA books are both from O'Reilly: Practical JIRA Administration (http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920020196.do) Practical JIRA Plugins (http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920021087.do)
A strange number of people in this thread recommend AppFusions, which may or may not match their market share and their collaboration with Atlassian. If you are seeking to be fully informed about AppFusions, please search Atlassian Answers for more information about them.
Adrien - do you think that could possibly be because they have made a great impact in the industry, building dozens of supported integrations, plugins, solutions for almost 5 years and for nominal fees compared to custom programming of same one-off solutions? They have dozens of years of collective technical experience working with large and small Atlassian customers. They are fully dedicated to the Atlassian industry and Atlassian customer needs, as shown clearly in their products, clients, results. For detailed information about AppFusions and dozens of referrals - that you may speak directly to, contact them. info@appfusions.com They are a very open company and welcome ANY questions about anything; they shy from no questions, no matter how blunt. Ask them and see for yourself.
I followed Adriens suggestion and found some talk about Appfusions not been an Atlassian partner. I could not find out why. Is that why Adrien questioned it?
Hi Steve, As partner arbitrator, please see this thread. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/264402/answers/11967446 Some interesting censorship "moderating" going on in this forum possibly by a contributor of that thread who has A LOT (too much?) manipulation power on Answers (Nic of Adaptavist). From this side, hard to know for sure who deleted Patrick's answer on this thread, but it is a bit curious.. and it was definitely here (maybe see your email notifications?) Nonetheless, I am sure a large corp like Atlassian has audit trails to know for sure who deleted Patrick's answer here (and my included comment to his about his 3 books on Amazon, which consequently stirred Matt Doar's comment below about his books). In the interest of "open company, no bs", can you please report back who deleted Patrick/my comment here, and why?
Also Steve, it is very very possible that it was NOT Nic and could be any other person with uber power on Answers, of which there are other partners or people with conflict of interest that do. And therein lies the issue in my opinion.
Hi Justin. I'm the lead moderator on Atlassian Answers. Please contact me directly if you have any concerns about the abuse of moderation powers (jclark@youknowwhere.com) Steve is not the "partner arbitrator" and won't be able to help you with problems on Answers. I'd encourage you to also familiarize yourself with the Atlassian Acceptable Usage Policy, which are the rules by which any moderation will take force - https://www.atlassian.com/legal/acceptable-use-policy
Worked on bugzilla to JIRA migrations and date center POC with DNFCS. Pleasant experience especially the way they manage our request. Very organized.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.