So, I am working in JIRA cloud with Service Desk and Software. We have two projects, one in each category. Whenever support items come into our Service Desk project that requires development work, the workflow we have is to create a related ticket in the Software project to assign to the dev team, and the support team keeps the original ticket.
I have set up a bunch of automations to aid the support team in keeping track of progress in the related dev ticket, and obviously, we all know how to create related tickets across projects, but what I really want to be able to have is an actual JIRA workflow step that prompts the creation of the related ticket - the screen you get is exactly like the screen for creating the related ticket, and the action that results from the transition is that a new ticket is created and the existing ticket changes states.
I have figured out how to create custom fields in screens (as "Project" was not a field option) but I haven't figured out a way for the resulting action to be a new ticket and not just moving my existing ticket to the other project (if it would even do that, I'm not 100% my screen is even functional because there is no way to test workflows before you go-live with them).
I cannot add plug-ins or upgrade, and this is JIRA Cloud we're working in, so I'm looking to find out if this is even something that is possible with the built-in functionality.