I have created a custom field (user picker). I would like the field description to be "bold" when displayed on screens. I put the description between <b>text</b> but that is how it is displayed on the screen. It does appear bold under the field on the Administration page. This is on Jira Software v 7.2.
Atlassian are removing the html from displays because it's a vector for security attacks. They've not got around to the admin screens yet, as admins generally have to be trusted no matter what.
Thanks for quick reply. So there is no way to make the field description visually standout on my screens?
Not really, no.
We're using panel to have a more visual description :
{panel:title=Problem statement|titleBGColor=#444852|bgColor=#f5f5f5|titleColor=#FFFFFF|borderStyle=dashed|borderColor=#444852}Your text goes here{panel}
@Nicolas_Dovran , Panel looks interesting. How to get that into Jira custom field descriptions? I don't know anything about Panel yet. Googleing showed me that it seems to be an add-on for Confluence, so I can nicely format text on Confluence pages?..
https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=advanced
You can use it within field "description".
.
@Nicolas_Dovran , unfortunately, this does not work here. See screenshot. Jira Server v7.11.1. Should this work out of the box, without an add-on?(Sorry, for some reason replying within the comment thread above did not work. "Reply" button was not clickable.)
It's useable only in tickets' creation form. Not in custom field creation form
It's in the "Description" system field.
Ah, too bad. I need formatting in the Custom Fields descriptions.
Hi @Daniel,
Try to follow these steps:
- Open the associated field configuration
- Check for the field for which you want to have a custom message
- Click *Edit* and put something similar to below to the description of that field
<span style="color:#0747a6">THE CUSTOM MESSAGE</span>
- Click update
This shall work for most of the fields except the user picker as far as I know.
Feel free to let me know if it works or if you have any further questions.
Thanks,
-Amit
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.