Hi,
I'm investigating replacing our home grown meeting minutes & action reporting system with a combination of jira and confluence.
Ideally, what I'd like to do is to be able to author minutes in confluence and press a button to add a new action from the minutes. This would create a new jira issue which has a remote link to the confluence page and update the confluence page to include details of the issue.
We're using onDemand, so can't have external plugins
I've tried variants of two options so far, but neither are idea
1) Use confluence's Insert->Jira issue dialogue. This only lets you enter a subset of the issue's metadata, so doesn't work if we want mandatory due dates. The Confluence view is also quite limited - I'd really like my minutes to show who's assigned to each action.
2) Have a custom URL field in the jira issue pointing to the meeting minutes and use the jira issues macro in confluence to search for issues with that field set. This is tricky to setup - users would have to manually copy and paste URLs and I've not been able to get it to work with URLs containing spaces since the url field and issue list macros encode them differently.
Does anyone have any better ways of managing meeting minutes with integrated lists of actions?