Hi,
I want a user who is only a viewer, and can not change or do anything. We have one main project, the others do not mater, so I don't care if the user may see all or just one projects, I just want to make sure he can't change or edit anything.
Wjat I tried: set up a new user, added him to a new group which only has "Browse project" within permission scheme, and also set up a project role which I assigned to both new group and new user. As result, this user cannot login at all.
(To be precise: After giving my credentials, I'm on a Greenhopper Dashboard, there are no projects or other wirking links and in the right upper corner, there is still the Link "Log In", while nothing happens when I click on.)
I tried to add the user to the default "User" group in global group administation, then he may log in, but has all rights to edit etc.
I varried a lot with role and group and permission settings, with permissions for workflow transitions (which I do not dare to think that I would have to edit every single transition to vreate a global vie only user!), and of course I read recent postings like https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/12688/create-read-only-user-for-a-project and tried to fullfill, but in the end it all comes back to either not be able to log in or the ability to do anything.
Help, please! :-)
Thanks and best,
Karin