Hey,
could you please help me to understand the difference in meaning and using of Epic, Epic/Theme and Labels. (we are using Kanban)
I already looked it up in the documenation http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Working+with+Epics and searched for it on this board. (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/787/what-is-the-difference-between-epic-as-issue-and-epic-theme-as-a-field-in-an-issue)
What I understood so far is that Epics are used to group several user story. To do so it is decribed to create a new card with Issue Type "Epic" on the Planning Board. I assume that it should be titled with an generic title (ie. shopping card).After that I should be able to associate issues to that Epic by using Epic/Theme (a little pencil appears). But when I click on Epic/Theme after creating the epic it is not shown on the list.
Does that mean that I have to create a new label on Epic/Theme and then associate every issue to this label? (it looks different in the documentation) If that's true what is the difference to labelling?
As you can see I am very confused.
Looking forward to your replies.