We are new to the Help Desk and so far we love it. One of the issues we are having is that when a customer (who is setup in the Help Desk as a "customer") sends me an email directly instead of to the Help Desk, I forward it to the Help Desk email so that a ticket is created. Of course, because I forwarded it, I now receive all of the email notifications instead of the actual user because it technically came from my email. That all makes sense.
The Issue is that I then go into the ticket and select the original user as the "Requester" so that the ticket is properly associated. What I would expect to happen at this point is that the user (now the requester) would receive email notifications going forward, but I continue to get all of the notifications and they receive nothing.
Is there a way to make it so that the new Requester receives the notifications to their email so that I do not have to try to keep them updated outside of the Help Desk?
Thanks!