Now if I enable Service Desk for a project I can assign issues only to ServiceDesk agents.
Is it possible to assign the issue to someone who is not an agent?
The short answer is as I understand it (still experimenting with Service Desk) is no.
Not sure if you are discussing customers or developers here. I will assume developers for the moment.
Service desk has a concept of collaborators for developers. They are not assigned service desk issues but you can use mentions to get them to look at the issue. Collaborators must be JIRA users. If the developer needs work on the code, he should create his own issue since the issue will need to follow a different workflow.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/Managing+collaborators
Hi Krzysztof, in our case, that's the show stopper of service desk to us. Cheers, Mario
You can still link the two issues (development and service desk) together to show the relationship.
Thanks for providing this important bit here, Norman, as it seems to me the Collaborators part is still confusing a lot of folks.
Norman is correct, only agents can be assigned and work (transition through WF) of issues in a JSD project. But Collaborators can be engaged and if really necessary, assist by working on linked issues from a project in which they can fully work.
I understand that we have different workflows, but now I see that if I want a developer team without agent access to create an issue assign it to someone i need to separate Service desk project and the Software project because if the service desk was enabled for an existing JIRA project only agents could have been assigned to the issues.
For me it is ok to have two separate project one for the development team with standard JIRA issues and one for Service desk.
I was expecting a workflow like this:
Customer report -> Pick up by an agent -> Assign a developer (not necessary agent) ->
Feedback to the agent ->Feedback to the client
If I understood Norman Abramovitz correctly I would have to create separate issues and link them as for example blockers to the service desk request.
The developer needs to be setup as a collaborator. The developer can then add comments to the customer issue while the customer issue stays in the queue for waiting for development. You can use mentions to notify the developer. The developer could create an issue if he needs to because he needs to follow a different workflow for making changes. If the feedback does not require a development issue, he can comment back directly to the customer issue. You cannot just assign the issue to the developer.
We really need the option to be able to assign subtasks to Collaborators.
No need for subtasks to be visible in Customer portal for end users/customers.
Final.png
Guys I think to eliminate the duplicacy, I mean Developer creating his ticket and wasting time in linking issues, I think if we can make the different roles engaged in that ticket sees their respective status that should be good by directly assigning ticket to developer instead of Collaborator field.I have put the very high level thing where it gives basic understanding of what I mean. The comments exchange, email notifications everything remains same for Agent-Customer & Agent-Developer relations.I feel the current model of Service desk is not very effective for "small to mid size companies" (Not a negative comment but the truth) where customers are mostly internal stake holders. What is the point in Developer creating a ticket. Instead a customer can directly email Developer. Except for we miss SLAs, again which is not a very big thing in small to mid size companies
Thanks!.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.