I am trying to create multiple types of meeting notes templates in cloud confluence. It would be great if I could clone templates but that does not seem to be possible. When I look at the Meeting Notes template there is a "$currentDateLozenge" variable which renders the current date and widget to change it. I have tried to put that into a template I create but it never works.
Any pointers?
Thanks
bump - this is still not working
I just wanted to do the exact same thing. it doesn't work for me as well. Could someone explain what i am doing wrong, or is it just not working?
Cheers
I think in order to add a date widget you need to have access to the velocity template which you don't get in the cloud product. You need a dedicated install for that. I'm not sure about that as I can't find it documented anywhere and can't find an answer here. From my observations, Atlassian Answers seems to be where questions go to die.
is there anyway to do the same thing by dedicated install confluence?
Andrew Headrick wanted
I had this working a couple weeks ago, but I just tried it again and now it's not. I think I needed to enter a specific character or key combination after entering the date, but now I don't recall what it was.
It looks like typing "//", without the quotes, brings up a date selection widget, but I still can't figure out how to get the current date in automatically when a new page is created from a template that includes "$currentDateLozenge".
Is there really no answer to this yet?Tried to make my own user macro but that only gives the current date, so if I want to change manually I don't get the calendar
Hi there!See this: "$currentDate" & "$currentUser"
they are explaining variable. And this variable seems to be usable within the TITLE of the note. I've not tried it myself, but i would seriously doubt that it work. Variables begin with @, but auto-filled variables usually start with a $.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.