I have a list of customers that i can add them to create requests via JIRA Service Desk . But i do not get an option to remove any . Could you please assist ?
Hi Rajdeep,
This can be a little tricky. You won't be able to delete a customer if s/he has already created content on JIRA Service Desk. Though, if this user is there and has never used JSD, you will be able to delete her/him via Cog Icon > User Management.
Please let us know if this helps you.
Cheers!
Thanks Elisa .
I believe i have the information required for now .
This is unacceptable. How do you delete customers today?
@Elisa Diel [Atlassian] Hi Elisa. Sorry to interrupt you again with the same request but i didn't quite understand your response. I have setup some users in the test phase, which has now finished and i want to take the Portal "live" now. Beforehand i have deleted all support requests that i made during the test. So there are no requests inside my SreviceDesk portal.
I have selected the option that only users which are setup by JIRA Admins (me) may login and raise requests. I would like to "clean up" the current costumer list. How can i delete them?
Thanks,Georgij
@HL Arledge, you can remove them through Cog Icon > User Management.
Look for Resticted Portal. Your customers will be listed there.
Hi everybody,
I have set that anyone can sign up for JIRA service desk.
Now I want to clean out the ones that do not need an account and fix the setting for signing up.
How can I delete now the not wanted customers?
with kind regards
Markus
Here's a way I found (we are using Jira Service Desk Cloud):
Put your mouse on the customer's description in the Customers view of JIRA Service Desk.
Wait for the popup to appear, go to the More menu on the right and select Administer User.
The URL that you're redirect to is : https://xxx.atlassian.net/admin/users/view?username=(email)
There you'll be able to delete the user.
Thank you for this answer! It was driving me crazy as a developer used a company wide DL for his email.
This is not as obvious as you would think it would be. Thanks for this!
Nope, that seems to be for a user, not for a customer. At least I get a message saying, that the user does not exit.
How to do this but I do not want to delete the user, just remove the access they have as a customer?
I am a bit disappointed with the UI and how much they charge you with a very unfriendly user interface.
When you reach the "administer user" URL using my procedure above
(https://xxx/admin/jira-service-desk/portal-only-customers/view?username=yyy)
there's a "Deactivate" button. I think that's what you're looking for
Hi,
In the People section of your project, search the user you want to remove from the project (not from Jira entirely) and remove them. This removes them from the project only. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html#Settingupservicedeskusers-Removecustomersfromaproject
How do I clear all this customers?
on the page of the screenshot, go to Settings (last option on the left menu) > People. You can remove the users there.
The step-by-step is outlined at https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html?_ga=2.22003003.1277652459.1529305058-413787406.1501390305#Settingupservicedeskusers-Removecustomersfromaproject as mentioned in my previous reply.
Regards,
None of the options are working!
I dont want to delete or deactivate user.
The user is assigned as customer to multiple projects. I want to remove the user from 1 project, while the user should be active and able to access other projects.
Hi there,
Is the user added to an organization or by themselves into the project? If they are added into an organization, remove them from the organization. If they are added directly, remove them from the People section of the project. See [https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html#Settingupservicedeskusers-Removecustomersfromaproject|https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html#Settingupservicedeskusers-Removecustomersfromaproject]
Thank you for the instructions on removing a customer. I thought it was enough, but thiscustomer has called me 3x today to completely remove his Service Desk accessibility. I was able to remove from "People" but his email is still showing under "Customers". I also deleted his ticket.
Does he still technically have an account? He said he did not create a password.
Thank you in advance.
that also happen to me too and I have hard time finding solution
Hi Colleen,
If your JSD project allows everyone with an account access, it will list the user as a customer as the user exists in Jira. You can completely remove the user from User Management to remove the user entirely.
See permission overview at Set up customer permissions
I face the same issue.
There are accounts shown under the 'Customers' page that are not within the 'People' page for the project.
It is not possible to remove these users from the 'Customers' page, without completely removing the user from the system.
Please advise.
Facing same issue - please respond!
I'm suspecting that those users belong to organizations. Since they were added to the project via being added to the organization, you can only remove them from the project by removing them from an organization. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-service-desk-users-732528877.html?_ga=2.261384207.368583193.1547425851-413787406.1501390305#Settingupservicedeskusers-Removecustomersfromanorganization
I found a way to remove the Customers from the JIRA Service Desk customers list.
Problem was that I have never added them in first place and was wondering what's going on and how these are displayed there.
Solution is...Permission scheme for the project itself. Inside the permission scheme, I have added a specific group, which holds 40-50 people, so these 40-50 people were added automatically in Customers menu in JIRA Service Desk project.
I have removed this group from the permission scheme and the Customers menu is now empty. If you want to add customers, you can do it via the People menu in the project settings. Just add people or groups there and they will be also visible in Customers menu.
I did find that if I had a user assigned to the project role of Service Desk Team, and this user was not a licensed Service Desk agent, their name appeared on the Customers page. Same thing was true if I had someone as an Administrator who was not a licensed agent.
Removing an unlicensed agent from the role of Admin or SD Tesam also removed them form the Customers list.
Likewise, removing someone who is an agent and is in the Service Desk Team project roll from the jira-servicedesk group in the overall JIRA user management, would make them appear in the Customers list.
I know a lot of this thread speaks to variations of removing customers from service desk, but I thought this info might be useful.
Note that this is for JIRA server, not sure if cloud works the same way.
Like others have said, I have two users in my customers screen (not in an organization) that are not listed at all in my People section of project settings.
It seems there is no way to remove these two people as customers.
Seems like we're still running into this hiccup. Is it really the case that I cannot remove the customer "Example Customer" that Atlassian creates and sends tickets for? I cannot even edit them to "zzzzzExample" to move them out of sight? Is it the "accepted answer" to move Example Customer to "zzzzzFakeOrg" organization to hide them?
Thanks!
Meggan
.
Finally found a fix for this!
Portal only customers are now gone!
This does not seem to work for me. Where the only remove option is: remove from organisation.
So when i remove the customer from the organisation, and i restore the setting to Anyone can raise a request in this service desk the temp-customers are back.
Not sure if this is a new feature, but i never noticed it until today:
Go to your site Admin page at https://admin.atlassian.com
and notice the Jira Service Desk button:
On that page you have full control over the users
kind regards
https://admin.atlassian.com
this worked just fine, once you head to admin.atlassian.com, click on "Manage users" then on the left hand pane, select "Jira Service Desk" From there you can delete as you wish. Worked for me. Thanks @Jeroen Min it works!
Doesn't work for me either. After selecting 'Customers my team adds to the project' the customers that I want to delete simply disappear from the list. i.e. There are no delete options available as the customers have now disappeared.When I change it back to 'Anyone can raise a request in this service desk' the customers are back and I still can't delete them.
This issue goes back to 2015?
No. I have the same problem and these people do not belong to an organisation.
This only allows you to fully delete a customer. It does not allow you to remove them from a single project.
I was able to resolve this by doing both of the following1. Go to project settings > Customer Permissions
2. Change the portal access setting so that the following is selected:'Customers my team adds to the project'AND1. Project Settings > Permissions2. Remove Jira Software Product Access from the Browse Issues Permission
Same here, does not work. Very annoying when you're dealing with customers that later on become employees or in a cultural environment with a bunch of VERY popular names... Please fix this, Atlassian!!!
Thx, Scott. But still - after re-instating permissions, users are back. Bad
Found the answer: You need to be Global admin in cloud:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/Delete-customers/qaq-p/891864
Thank you. This helped me!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.