As I’m trying to put what I’m learning into practice, I’ve realized that this information doesn’t seem to be accurate. For example, when it comes to the Assignee field, I can’t configure a description for it.
Couple of points.
So take what you see with a grain of salt.
The field scheme vs field configuration is a massive change we recently underwent - I even had to argue with Rovo over this the other day. 😂
(Recently Obtained ACP-120/620 a couple months back)
Hello @IcherakAmmouche
Atlassian is currently progressively replacing Field Configurations and Field Configuration Schemes with the new Field Schemes model, so the UI can differ between Jira Cloud sites.
Take a look on this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-98712 So the learning material isn't necessarily wrong, the Assignee description can be configured, but it isn't done by editing the Assignee system field globally.
best,
Arek🤠🧙♂️
Hi IcherakAmmouche, the description you are looking for is not stored on the Assignee field itself. In Jira Cloud, field descriptions are set per configuration context, so the global Fields page will never let you edit a system field's description.
If your site still uses the classic model, go to Settings > Work items > Field configurations, open the configuration used by your space, find Assignee and click Edit. The description you enter there is what users see under the field on the create and edit screens.
If your site has already moved to the new Field Schemes model, open the field scheme assigned to the space, select Assignee, and set the description there. The exam material was written for the classic flow, so the steps line up with field configurations rather than the new schemes.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.