It is not possible to import HTML files. When I upload the zip folder, there's an error and I can't go forward. The same goes with Notion files. Atlassian doesn't read the zip folder. I have all admin permissions. What's wrong?
Hi @Giovana Stimpel Amaral
Thank you for your post. Please review this previous post: https://community.atlassian.com/forums/Confluence-questions/Issue-Importing-1GB-HTML-Export-from-Notion-into-Confluence/qaq-p/3098643
Hope it helps
Hi @Giovana Stimpel Amaral ,
On top of what Matteo said, I'm aware of this bug related to Notion import: CONFCLOUD-82532: Notion Import using large zip file sometimes results in page imports with no content
As for HTML, you can try ensuring all HTML files and assets are in the root directory or a single-level structure. Basically, avoid deep nesting.
There are also a couple more things I've found that you can try 👀:
Root Files: For space imports, the exportDescriptor.properties and entities.xml files must be in the root directory of the ZIP, not inside a sub-folder.
exportDescriptor.properties
entities.xml
Clean File Names: Remove special characters like equals signs (=) or multiple periods (.) from file names. Use only alphanumeric characters, hyphens, or underscores.
=
.
Re-zip Manually: If you are on a Mac, the native compression can sometimes create hidden folders that break the import. Try unzipping the files and re-zipping them using the native OS utility to ensure a clean structure.
Also, since you're on a Standard plan and an admin, you can raise a ticket with Atlassian Support 🎟️ The official team can probably provide additional insights.
Cheers,Tobi
Hi,
Large Notion exports often come as a ZIP that contains more ZIPs (Part 1, Part 2 and so on). If yours looks like that, I would unzip the outer file and try one of the inner files. Also I found troubleshooting pages by Atlassian that list the exact error messages:
Cheers, Martin
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.