ERP testing can become difficult because one change may affect several connected areas such as finance, inventory, purchasing, sales, or user permissions. Teams may also need to repeat the same regression tests after every release, keep track of who tested what, record results, and connect failed tests with Jira bugs. For a small number of tests, spreadsheets may work, but as the ERP system grows, keeping test cases, test runs, results, and defects organized can become harder.
For teams already using Jira, what is the best way to manage this?
I have seen different approaches and tools. Xray and Zephyr seem useful for teams that prefer test management closely connected with Jira. TestRail is another established option for teams that prefer a separate test management system. I have also been looking at Tuskr, which provides test case organization, test runs, and Jira integration. Tuskr can create Jira issues from failed test results and link the Jira issue back to the test result.
I would especially like to hear from teams that have tested ERP systems with many modules and repeated regression cycles. What worked well, and what became difficult as the number of test cases increased?