Hi,
I’m experiencing an issue with the Use Agent action in Jira Automation.
Every execution of Use Agent fails with:
Error returned from Rovo
Bad Request (400)
This happens regardless of:
- which Rovo agent I select;
- which prompt I use;
- whether I use smart values;
- whether I include the Jira issue description;
- whether the agent has skills or knowledge sources.
The following test works successfully:
- The same automation flow;
- The same prompt;
- The same rule actor;
- Use Rovo instead of Use Agent.
The audit log shows:
Use Rovo
Successfully generated response for prompt
Use Agent
Error returned from Rovo
Bad Request (400)
I have already tried the following:
- creating a completely new automation flow;
- removing and recreating the Use Agent action;
- testing multiple agents;
- testing a simple prompt such as
Reply with OK only; - removing all smart values;
- using an agent without skills or knowledge sources;
- using my own account as the rule actor;
- enabling the agent’s Jira work-item collaboration option.
The issue started recently. The same functionality worked last week, and no changes were made to the automation rule or agent configuration.
Question:
Is the Use Agent action currently affected by a known Jira Automation/Rovo issue? Has anyone else experienced HTTP 400 errors for every agent while the Use Rovo action continues to work?
I would especially appreciate advice on:
- where to find more detailed error information or a correlation ID;
- whether a specific permission or entitlement is required for Use Agent;
- whether Use Agent has recently been changed, deprecated, or migrated;
- whether this should be reported as an Atlassian Cloud bug.
Thanks!
Additional troubleshooting / minimal reproduction
I have now reproduced this with a completely new Rovo agent.
Agent instruction: This is a test agent. Reply with: Hallo Mariska
The agent works correctly when invoked directly through Rovo Chat.
The same agent immediately fails when invoked through Jira Automation → Use agent:
Error returned from Rovo
Bad Request (400)
No knowledge sources, skills, Confluence searches or complex prompts are involved in this reproduction.
In the same automation execution, the Use Rovo action succeeds, while Use agent returns HTTP 400.
Site subscriptions:
- Jira: Standard
- Confluence: Premium
- Rovo: included/free app with included Rovo Credits
I am also an Organization Admin.
This appears to isolate the issue to the Jira Automation → Rovo Agent invocation rather than the agent configuration itself.
Could someone from Atlassian please check whether this is a known regression or escalate this internally? In particular, it would be useful to know why the Rovo invocation endpoint is returning HTTP 400 for Use agent.