Hello,
This is basically the classic "Time in status" question, except that I want to extend it to any other field.
Here's my context: we've created an Incident workflow that's meant to be very fluid. There's no differentiation between teams, and escalating to a new team is simply a matter of changing the value of the Team field, not the status or the request type. This was done for two main reasons:
- We wanted to avoid the classic "Support N1", "N2", "N3"... statuses because the organization can change and an N4 team could appear or an N3 could disappear
- We also wanted to be able to transfer the ticket to another team (e.g if the problem seems to be coming from a depandency) without creating a new ticket
The big problem is that we would like to get data on how long each team takes to manage a ticket, and we're unable to do so with this architecture. If each team had a given status or request type, we would be able to create a SLA per team, but there's no "Team field has changed" trigger in the SLA rule definitions (in any case, one SLA per team is not necessarily the best solution)... I don't want to create a field per team either and populate it through Automation.
So if I want to stick to my architecture, the only solution I see is probing every ticket's history through the APIs in a BI app, which would be very heavy.
What do you think? Is there a magical "Field value duration" add-on I could use? Should I change my architecture? Can you think of some kind of in-between solution that would keep my workflow flexible while allowing me to get my stats?