I'm experiencing a critical issue with our Jira Cloud Free plan instance where our Jira Service Management (JSM) business-type project (key: UM, User Management) appears completely empty in the board/list view.
Details:
- Project: User Management (UM) — JSM Business project with ~250 issues
- Issue started: Last Thursday (June 26, 2026)
- Symptom: Board shows "There's nothing matching your search"
- Root cause: JQL query
project = UM returns 0 results - Verification: Direct issue lookup works fine (UM-267 accessible directly)
- Board filter: Correctly configured —
project = UM ORDER BY created DESC
What I've checked:
- ✓ Board filter JQL is correct
- ✓ Direct issue access works (UM-267 fetches fine)
- ✓ Project permissions are correct
- ✓ JSM queue/security settings look normal
- ✓ "Hide done work items" toggle doesn't fix it
Analysis:
This appears to be a search index inconsistency specific to JSM business-type projects. The index doesn't recognize any issues in the UM project despite them existing in the database.
Question:
Has anyone else experienced this with JSM business projects on Free plan? Is this a known issue? What are the next steps for resolution?
I'm on Jira Free plan with 5 users. I understand support is limited on Free, but any guidance would be appreciated.
Thanks!