I'm sure I'm far from the first... Help.
The POs have a habbit of assigning issues to predefined future sprints. So, the Sprint field value is not empty. Despite being asked not to, they feel enabled to drag issues in to an active sprint (injecting it). (Lets not get into how often I've asked/told them to not do this.)
New strategy. Give them a easy way to do it that lets me through some background automation, at least do it well.
I'd like to give them a manually triggered (by them, automation) that asks for what issue they want injected, validate the key exists, maybe a bit more about status and such, has SP assigned, thenask what issue they offer to take out of the sprint, again some validation, then for the one to be injected, add "+midsprint" to lables, change the Sprint to the currently active one, for the one to come out, write -midsprint to labels and change Sprint to put this issue at the top of the (sprint) backlog. Validate both happened. As the user to provide a brief reason for the injection (I was thinking a check list but I think no, get them to write "something". That gets added, with other timestamp kinda things,who is doing it, to the issues comments (one going in and one coming out).
And now lets say dreaming: email the Product Owner, Scrum Master, senior dev and senior test letting them know, have a record, that this happend.
Tell me that already exists, somewhere.
Pure fantisy:
- if the issue going in has no SP assigned or is 0 say no,
- if the issue going in is greater than the one coming out, ask for another to come out to be (closer) to equal,
- if (for kicks and giggles) if I allow a (I know, i know, but...) 1 day per SP, can the team finish this within the current sprint - if no, don't allow them to bring in.
Or, LOL, part of that?
Cheers.
JGV