Hi all,
I'm looking for advice on handling inbound emails from request participants in JSM.
The problem:
When the Reporter of a ticket replies via email to the project email address with the issue key in the subject, JSM correctly threads it as a comment on the existing ticket. However, when a Participant (someone added to the request but not the original reporter) replies in the same way, JSM creates a brand new ticket instead of adding their reply as a comment.
What I want to achieve:
Any email sent to the project email address that contains an existing issue key in the subject line should be filed as a comment on that ticket, regardless of whether the sender is the Reporter or a Participant.
My questions:
Is there a native setting I'm missing that would allow participant replies to thread correctly?
Has anyone successfully built an automation that does this?
Are there any third-party apps that handle this more elegantly?
Any guidance appreciated. Thanks!