TLDR; I want to use an object attribute (X months) to calculate a new date and update another attribute with that date (as part of an automation).
Scenario
I have a list of systems/tools that need to go through user access audits periodically. Each system is registered as an object in Assets and in Jira I have a space where I track the status of these audits. Each issue is linked to a system via a object custom field.
Current setup
In my current setup I have an attribute for "Last audit date" which is updated via automation when the corresponding Jira issue is closed. To do this I use the Edit Assets field attributes action and update the Last audit date attribute with {{Today()}} smart value. This works like a charm.
What I'm trying to achieve
I want to add a second object attribute for Next audit date which should also be updated when the issue is closed, but filled with a date in the future. To achieve this I have a third attribute for "Audit frequency" and I want to use that to calculate the Next audit date.
My problem is that I can't get the Next audit date calculation to work. I've tried so many variations of date smart values, attribute placeholder and so on.
Has anyone done anything like this? Is there a common pit-fall that I'm missing?