Hi everyone,
This is one I cannot find any documentation on or previous discussions about.
We use Focus and Jira together as intended with Jira Work Items linked to Focus Areas.
However, I am unable to add the Focus Area field to any work item layouts in any of the Spaces with the field configurations and screen configurations that have Focus Area added to them. The Focus Area field is in the field config, field config scheme, work item field config scheme, screen, screen scheme, and work item screen scheme associated to the spaces.
The larger user group has Focus Viewer permissions, as well as "Add work" permission in Focus. I am a Focus and Site Admin for Jira and I still cant even see the Focus Area field on my layout settings or Work Items it should be showing on.

Here is the "Find your field" popup showing that Focus Areas has all the right configurations, and yet is not available to the layout settings.
Cannot think of a reason it isn't available as a field on our Jira Work Items at this point. The only way to connect work to the Focus Areas is from the Focus Area which is a huge pain, and clearly not the intended functionality. The search bar for finding work from the focus area is also terrible. I can type in the exact Work Item key and it won't find the item, but will if I paste the full Work Item URL.